Protect Our Children's Identity Now. Please Support Federal Law "Children's ID Theft Protection Security Act of 2012"
ID THEFT VICTIMS SUPPORT GROUP OF AMERICA LAUNCHES A NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN TO STOP THE EXPLOITATION OF AMERICA'S CHILDREN BY " CHILDREN IDENTITY THEFT PREDATORS".
We are introducting a new federal law entitled, "The Children's Identity Theft Protection Security Act of 2012". This bill will incorporate strong criminal penalities against individuals who exploit our children's future financial security. We will also modify the Fair Credit Reporting Act to make it mandatory for all creditors to verify social security numbers against a "Special Child File". We will incorporate both civil and criminals penalities against creditors who violate these provisions under the revised Fair Credit Reporting Act. To deter creditors from by-passing the "Special Child File", civil penalities will start at a $50,000 fine and restitution to the "Victim of Identity Theft". Repeat violators of these provisions will be fined $250,000 per incident plus triple damages to the victims.
The American Constitution guarantees all citizens the right to have equal protection under the law. However, our children under the age of eighteen has no protection from "Identity Thieves" at either the state or federal level.
You can go to our press release web page, "Children Identity Theft", to learn about "America's Silent Giant". According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), 400,000 children below the age of eighteen are "Victims of Identity Theft" every year. As of the 2000 Census (Source: U.S. Census Bureau) there was approximately seventy-two million children under the age of eighteen. By 2010, it is estimated that number will be over eighty-four million people.
If we do not protect America's future generations, we will all pay for it in the end. Remember, "Identity Theft Is No Longer Someone Else's Problem, It Is Everyone's Problem".
Please help our organization with your financial support in this critical time.
Thank you and God Bless America.
“Identity Thieves” have now found a new supply source to exploit others, in “America’s Number One Crime, Identity Theft”. According to CBS’s consumer correspondent Susan Koeppen of “The Early Show”, “Children are perfect targets because they have clean credit histories and thieves can get away with the crime for years, since kids and their parents rarely check the kids’ credit reports”. According to the Federal Trade Commission, 400,000 children had their ID’s stolen last year (2005).In an NBC news story in Dallas, Texas on March 3rd, 2005, “a 10 year old, 4th grader already had an extensive credit history.She had 17 credit cards, in which she racked up thousands of dollars on her American Express and had been approved for a $42,000 loan.She is deep in debt and has been since she was just five.The thief was caught and sent to jail for six months.The thief was her mother”. However, the thief is not always the parents or a family member.The same explosion of data breaches that has exposed millions (97,215,589 million – 2/15/2005 through 11/13/2006, Source:Privacy Rights Clearinghouse) of “American Consumers” records containing sensitive personal financial data to “Identity Thieves”, is also affecting our children.
Below is a list of states (38) that currently has "Consumer Credit Bureau Freeze Laws".
Eligibility is open to "All Consumers" except for Arkansas (Effec. Jan 08), Kansas (Effec. Jan 07), Mississippi (Effec. July 07), South Dakota (Effec. July 06), and Washington State (All Consumers Effec. July08). States with new laws are Indiana (Effec. Sept 07), Maryland (Effec. Jan 08), Nebraska (Effec. Sept 08), Texas (All Consumers Effec. Sept 07).
If you are a resident of one of the above states and your state law is:
1. Open to "All Consumers". Cannot be a "Identity Theft Victims Only" state unless your child is a "Victim of Identity Theft".
2. Effective date of law is six months after passage of bills and signed by President.
Must have a child or children residing in your home state, between the ages of fourteen (14) years old and seventeen (17) years old. Children who will be eighteen years old (18 is legal age of consent) before September 1st, 2010 are not elgible for this program.
Our organization will use current state laws to "Freeze As Many Children's Credit Bureau Files As We Can" in all fifty states (50), between the ages of 14 and 17 (See eligibility rules above).
So if you reside in one of these eligible states, please contact us at the E-Mail address listed below. We need your help and support to do something to "Protect Your Children" from the "Identity Theft Predators".
If you have children that are "Victims of Identity Theft" who are seventeen (17) years old or younger, please send us your story. Only first name and state will be released in any public venue. If these stories are being submitted to any U.S. Congressional Representative or U.S. Senator in Washington, D.C., to support our legislative bill, they will have to be notorized and attested that the information is true and accurate by the submitter. No exceptions.
If we get five-hundred or more stories on "Children Identity Theft Victims", we will hand carry these stories to Washington D.C.
Do not let another year go by without protecting our greastest gift, our children and grandchildren.
Our organization is currently producing a legislative bill entitled, “Children’s Identity Theft Protection Act of 2010”.We are forwarding this proposal to Senator John Cornyn, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Congressman Pete Sessions and Congressman Sam Johnson for final drafting so it can be voted on and passed during the New Congress in 2010.It is imperative that this legislation is passed to protect “America’s Children”.
1. If you have and use a social security card, driver's license, identity card (for under 16 years of age or non-driver's), credit card, debit card, bank card, ATM Card, checkbook or savings accounts, you have the risk of becoming a "Victim of Identity Theft".
2. Your children between birth and 18 years old (The Silent Giant of Identity Theft), can have their SSN stolen and used for 16/17 years (Driving and Working Age) before anyone really starts using it. You Ask How? This statement comes from the Social Security Administration Web Site: "It is a good idea to get the number when your child is born. You can apply for a Social Security number for your baby when you apply for your baby's birth certificate. The state agency that issues birth certificates will share your child's information with us. We will mail the Social Security card to you. To protect our childrens "Identity", Congress needs to pass legislation to have the three national credit bureaus set up accounts from birth. These accounts would be frozen automatically until their fourteenth (14th) birthday. Current proof of identity requirements used by the three national credit bureaus for children under fourteen (14) will be used to "Lift the Freeze". Freeze will be automatically removed on the anniversary of the child's eighteenth birthday (Legal Age of Consent).
3. "Identity Thieves" go through the "Obituary Announcements" of thousands of newspapers daily to see who died. They try to obtain any and all applicable financial data of the deceased to use later. Another form of "Identity Theft" of the deceased is called "Ghosting". Ghosting is a form of identity theft in which someone steals the identity, and sometimes even the role within society, of a specific dead person (the “ghost”) who is not widely known to be deceased. Usually, the person who steals this identity (the “ghoster”) is roughly the same age that the ghost would have been if still alive, so that any documents citing the birthdate of the ghost will not be conspicuously incorrect if appropriated by the thief now claiming to be that person.
4. According to the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse; from February 15, 2005 (Choice Point, 145,000 records) to September 23, 2006 (Erianger Health Systems, 4,150 current and former employees), the total number of records containing sensitive personal information involved in security breaches are 93,754,333 Million. When is Congress going to realize that we, as a nation, has a problem with "Identity Theft"? Until the American Consumer has the necessary tools to "Fight Back" on a daily basis, the dollar cost to the nation and the number of victims and families destroyed by "Identity Theft" will continue to escalate.
† Copyright 2003-2013, Wilson Unlimited Partners, L.L.C. All rights reserved†
You can send your ID Theft Victim Stories to : Identity Theft Victims U.S., Attention: Victim Stories, P.O. Box 2723, Wylie, TX. 75098-2723